Former playground with view onto the Cathedral and the village.
The Carousel Place
This area is of prehistoric interest, as there have been small items discovered here which have been found to be around 17,000 years old. On this site, a playground was built with a wooden carousel and various ball, ring, and agility games.
In the early days of the Ermitage, this place was used, along with the half open caves, for festive meals, accompanied by music which was played on the podium. Poplar trees were planted in the carousel place, and it was equipped with a fountain which ensured refreshment. The inscription in the rock recalls the owners Achilles Alioth and his wife Lucie Alioth (between 1871 and 1889), to whom the Ermitage and village owe a lot.